Gynecomastia Patient 209
Sunnyvale, California: This is a 33-year-old man who presents with adolescent gynecomastia and requires gland excision and liposuction. He has had a 45-pound weight loss and presents for gynecomastia gland excision and liposuction. He never takes off his shirt in public due to feeling very uncomfortable and is not even comfortable with his wife. He has just had a young son and wants to be able to go swimming with his son and not limit his life. He underwent gland excision and liposuction and had a postoperative complication of a hematoma on his left side. The hematoma was seen and treated prior to him leaving the surgery center and he returned to surgery to have his left side hematoma evacuated. He was found to have 500 cc of blood. His surgery was performed in Marin County California at Marin Cosmetic Surgery Center in Novato, California. He had 31 grams removed from his right side and28 grams of gynecomastia breast gland removed from his left. The photographs show the hematoma that is present on his left side. If a hematoma is handle properly, no ill aesthetic outcome will result. Hematoma after gland excision and liposuction occurs anywhere between 5 and 8% of patients in Dr. Delgadoâ€™s surgical practice. This is why patients that are from out of town must stay in the San Francisco bay area for five days. Most post op hematoma, 80%, are seen before the patient leaves the surgical facility and the other 20% are seen at the first post op visit or earlier.
Dr. Miguel A. Delgado is a gynecomastia surgical expert who treats patients with gynecomastia all over the United States and the world. He has produced many documentaries regarding gynecomastia that have become very popular on YouTube -http://www.youtube.com/user/migueldelgadomd1/videos . He sees many patients from the California area including Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, and the Sacramento area. Many patients com from the Texas and Arizona region. His practice has a large amount of revision gynecomastia patients which is a testament to his surgical skill and experience.